1. Collection, compilation and tabulation of statistical data on socio-economic sectors of the province.
2. Publication of statistical documents to disseminate statistical information.
3. Conduct surveys and prepare their reports.
4. Acting as liaison between Federal and Provincial Government on statistical matters.
5. Extending technical guidance and assistance to other provincial statistical cells as and when required with reference to their technical problems in designing and conducting censuses and surveys, processing of data and preparing their reports.
6. Preparation of basic socio-economic indicators of the Province.
7. Acting as electronic data processing agency for statistical requirements of the Provincial Government.