Census of Manufacturing Industries (CMI) is conducted as a regular feature through joint Efforts of the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, provincial Directorate of Industries and SINDH Bureau of Statistics with following distribution of job.
Scope & Coverage
Census of Manufacturing Industries (CMI) is conducted under Industrial Statistics Act 1942 and covers those establishments registered under factories act 1934 and engage in manufacturing activities for the whole or part of the year. However the defence and Government workshops through engaged in the manufacturing activities and registered under the factories act are excluded and termed as non-CMI.
CMI is conducted with the collaboration of three following Organization.
1. Pakistan Bureau of Statistics.
2. Provincial Directorate of Industries.
3. Provincial Bureau of Statistics.
Responsibilities of CMI Section of Sindh B.O.S
- Scrutiny of the filled CMI questionnaire received from the Directorate of Industries.
- Classification of questionnaires on the basis of major manufacturing activity of the establishment.
- Editing & Coding of the filled CMI Questionnaire.
- Processing of CMI data and supplying the summary tables of the Province to Federal Bureau of Statistics as per approved tabulation plan.
- Estimation of CMI data in respect of non-response cases.
- Preparing and issuing preliminary release on CMI .(provincial level)